Progress Report

Posted April 30th, 2012 by marcella and filed in garden

Well, I didn’t get as much done on my basket blocks as I had hoped.  I did finish the embroidery for the May block so that one is now completely done.

Nearly all of my quilting time this week was spent quilting my April ufo project.  I picked a rather involved pattern for the quilting and then had a time finding a marking tool that would show up on all those different fabrics.  Then, that involved pattern took a long time to mark.  Know that that means?

Yep, anything that takes a long time to mark also takes a long time to quilt.  Oh, and lots and lots of bobbins.  Probably more thread than you thought too, meaning you will be on a roll and run out of thread and have to scramble out the door to the quilt shop before it closes to get more.  Learn from me people!

But, the quilting is finally finished!

And there is the view from the back.  The front is still covered in magenta ink and it’s just a little distracting.  Today’s job is to bind it and wash it and then I promise a picture of the front.

I’m sure the other BOM rehab quilters have great things to show you so hop over to Pink Pincushion.

Over at Judy’s you can see all kinds of wonderful quilts that people are working on this week.

– – marcella

9 Responses to “Progress Report”

1. AnnieO says:

Looks wonderful, Marcella! I entirely avoid marking if I can help it :) And I have been to the shop last minute to buy thread too!

2. eden says:

wow, that quilting looks fabulous! Love the pattern. I’ll have to study on it. I would have to be able to freehand it or I would never have the patience to mark it all and then quilt it… unless I could do it in chalk dust through holes… that is a thought. Anyway, great pattern!

3. carol fun says:

amazing quilting! I think someone could make millions if they could figure out how to make a sewing machine that holds as much bobbin thread as thread on the spool! I’ve made several mad dashes out for more thread in my time – I’m not a quick learner – LOL!

4. Michelle says:

I love the applique…you do wonderful work…

5. Sue Daurio says:

What a wonderful applique block. And will you look at that quilting, just beautiful, that is a lot of marking but it sure looks like it paid off, just beautiful!

6. Vivian says:

Love the embroidery you got to add to the block! This is such a cute BOM, now I am going to have to put embroidery on my “To Do” list!

Good for you that you got your April UFO done! Mine’s still sitting although I did get some work done on the March project. Have high hopes for May though!

7. Vicki H. says:

Love the embroidery on the block. Your quilting is very pretty. I think it is just lovely and I know all too well how much thread it takes and have to order before a deadline for a quilt!! Have a great week.

8. as much as I love quilting–the flower pictures drew me. Especially the poppies and the Dr. Suess flower. I often guess at how many bobbins a quilt will need. I still have several bobbins filled with “prune”–overshot THAT one!

9. What a sweet block! Your quilting looks wonderful.
    Judy